The Souper One

Dear Chummy,

I've actually thought about what I'm going to write this week! Huzzah!

So... I went home (again! shock.) and I saw WhatsHisFace as soon as I got back and that was so cute it was borderline vile. You know when something is so good it's annoying because you know it will have to stop? That's what this is and that makes me real sad. I also went to Stuart's leaving do and saw some of the people I worked with at Beckworth which was nice but Stuart was really drunk and we had to take him home which was so funny, I'll have to show you the drunk texts I received and the audio messages too! After making sure he was home, Laurel and I went to Mcdonald's with Bijou, then attempted to go out in town.... that ended in me and Bijou sitting in her car plaiting strawberry laces - what a thrilling night!! Not much happened over the weekend really, mum bought me some shoes and a skirt and I had a lazy day on Sunday.
                                         (Soz about that first bit seeming rushed.. it was.)

This is where it gets REAL exciting:
On Monday I went to the orthodontist and now I literally cannot shut my mouth. I can't bite, or chew and I really don't know what to do (I rhymed that on purpose). Since then I've had a total of 4 different soups (and counting).
Usually I am a one-soup gal, I like tomato soup and only tomato soup. I have never ventured away from this, possibly due to my fear of chicken soup - why people would want something that looks and smells like sick is beyond me. Using this inability to chew I thought I would be a little more adventurous with my soup choices and I thought I'd review them for you in this post - how exciting!

Soup One - Broccoli and Stilton.
The Garden Deli in W'Boro. This soup was incredible, it was homemade and full of fresh ingredients. It was served in a teacup with croutons on top and a sprinkling of pepper, and was probably the best soup I have ever tasted. Period. This soup cost me absolutely nothing, even better!

Soup Two - Thai Chicken
Pret A Manger ( I just had to look out of my bedroom window to make sure I spelt that correctly). This was a substitute for my usual Tuesday Subway and although I have a fear of chicken soup it weren't that bad. But it was spicy, and had a strong hint of lemongrass - I assume? I could just taste spicy lemon. This soup was quite watery but they do donate 10p for every soup to charity so I can deal? This soup was £3.25 which was quite a lot ://

Soup Three - Broccoli and Potato
Homemade by Hal, who heard I couldn't eat and donated kindly. This was yummy too, I think broccoli soup is my new fave. Although it wasn't as nice as Soup One, a lot of love went into this so it's a winner (winner, chicken dinner) Again this soup was free.. souper!!

Soup Four - Lentil and Smoked Bacon
Covent Garden Food Co. So this one actually looked like sick when I poured it into my bowl and I gagged, but I went with it and it weren't that bad when it was cooked. It was what I expected but wasn't exceptional. It was also half price for a large carton, so only cost £1.17!

So it's only Wednesday and I have already had four different soups and I have another one in the fridge for tomorrow - yay. I'll keep you posted (get it? posted).

This post is getting so long but I feel like I have a lot more to talk about (probably should have posted last week) .. I might start another post and leave this one about the soup haha.

Yes, I'll do that.

(omg wait.. at work today we had a training thing where we had to write a question on a post-it note and then pick a question out and answer it ... my question was: 'If you were a soup, what soup would you be?'.)

Laters,
Chelsea xx

No comments:

Post a Comment